MODIFICATION OF THESE TERMS
INFORMATION, WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
In connection with using of the Site or particular features or particular components of the Site, you may be required to provide or we may collect information that can identify you personally (“Personal Information”), such as your name, contact no ,address etc. For example, you may be required to provide or we may collect, Personal Information when you do the following:
- Sign up to receive e-mails, newsletters or other communications;
- Participate in contests, surveys, sweepstakes or other promotional offered via the Site;
- Request customer service or other assistance;
- Register with the Site or create an account to have access to the Site or particular components or features of the Site; or
- Otherwise communicate with us via the Site.
When you access the Site, we may collect some information that does not identify you individually (“Non-Personal Information”), such as:
- Demographic data such as age, gender and zip code;
- Information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Site, which may include IP address, geo-location information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language and other transactional information;
- Usage information about your use of our Site, such as a reading history of the pages you view.
- Additional “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses; and
- Search terms and search results.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your web browser to decline cookies, some features of the Site may not work or may not work as designed.
We may work with third-party advertising companies who may utilize web beacons to better provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. These companies do not have access to your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number or other Personal Information from us. They may, however, anonymously track your Internet usage across other websites in their networks beyond the Site. To learn more about the use of this information opting out please visit the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
The Site is strictly not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age you should not use the Site.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we obtain from or about you to help us personalize and improve your user experience with us and the Site and to make certain features, functionalities more available to you. We may use information we collect (including Personal Information) to:
- Provide you with content and services that you request;
- Communicate with you about changes to our policies;
- Send you newsletters and emails;
- Provide you with advertising, including advertising based on your activity on our Site or activity on third party sites and applications;
- Administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys;
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- Communicate with you about your account, respond to your inquiries and send you information about features and enhancements of the Site; and
We may use and store information about you that we receive from other sources to enable us to update and correct the information contained in our database and to better customize your experience with the Site.
We may use your device’s IP address and other location information to:
- Personalize content and experiences on our Site;
- Personalize newsletters, offers and promotions for our products and services, other companies’ products and services and special events;
- Personalize the advertising that you receive;
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal; and
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Site.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose Personal Information and other information collected from you to our parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates.
We may provide Personal Information and other information collected from you to companies that provide support services to us or perform functions on our behalf, such as marketing, analytics, processing credit card or payment transactions and providing customer service.. These companies may need Personal Information in order to perform their functions.
We may disclose Personal Information and other information collected from you if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process; (b) protect and defend the our rights or property, the Site or our users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of any of our employees, agents or contractors, or those of any of our parent companies, affiliates or subsidiaries, any users of the Site or the public.
We may disclose Personal Information in connection with a sale of the Site or some or all of our business, assets or equity, a merger or other disposition of our company or a corporate reorganization. Please see the section below entitled “Assignment; Change of Ownership” for further information.
We may disclose or share Non-Personal Information in any other manner that we deem appropriate or necessary. Among other things, we may disclose Non-Personal Information to third parties to help us determine how people use parts of the Site so we can improve our Site and customize new product offerings. We may provide Non-Personal Information about how our users collectively use the Site in aggregated form to our business partners and other third parties.
INFORMATION YOU MAKE PUBLIC
Please remember that any information you share in public areas, such as comment sections or forums, or that you otherwise post, display or disseminate in an area that is viewable by other users of the Site, becomes public. Please be careful about what you disclose and do not disclose any Personal Information that you expect to keep private.
We use reasonable efforts to safeguard Personal Information. For example, when we ask customers to provide credit card information, that information is protected using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. However, no data storage system or transmission method can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information (including Personal Information) that we obtain. We will not be liable for disclosure of any information due to errors in transmission or the any act or omission of any third party.
GOVERNING LAW; NOTICE TO NON-U.S. USERS
If you do not want to receive promotional communications from us, you can opt out at any time by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of their personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com